Tito urges faster tally of damaged schools, houses of worship in NTT
The data will guide rapid repairs and emergency tents so classes can continue while schools are restored.
Minister of Home Affairs Muhammad Tito Karnavian has asked local governments in Nusa Tenggara Timur to speed up the tally of schools and houses of worship damaged by the earthquake. He made the request after inspecting a collapsed mosque in Desa Satar Kampas, Kecamatan Lamba Leda Utara, Kabupaten Manggarai Timur, on Monday (17/8).
Tito asked that the damage be recorded in detail, from the number of SD, SMP, SMA and PAUD facilities to whether each is lightly, moderately or heavily damaged. He said the data will serve as a reference for relevant ministries to accelerate response efforts and ensure that residents' education and worship needs are met.
He said that if a school is badly damaged, the Kementerian Pendidikan Dasar dan Menengah can send emergency tents and learning supplies. Tito also visited SMP Abdurrahman Wahid, which suffered severe damage, and gave personal assistance to the school management.
Sources
Earlier in this story
- 4 hours agoBNPB deploys helicopter to speed Flores quake evacuations
- 5 hours agoNTT quake death toll rises to 47, 5,000 displaced in 6 regencies
- 6 hours agoPolda NTT sends 125 officers to Flores after quake
- 7 hours agoQatar, Palestine offer condolences after M7.7 quake in NTT
- 7 hours agoTelkomsat supplies satellite internet to 17 NTT quake sites
- 7 hours agoM7.7 quake in Nagekeo triggers tsunami alert in 8 areas
- 8 hours agoGovernment on emergency alert after M7.7 NTT quake kills 2
- 10 hours agoPolda Bali and Metro send 17 trucks of aid to NTT quake victims
- 10 hours agoM7.7 quake in NTT kills 1 at Maumere port
- 13 hours agoTito urges faster tally of damaged schools, houses of worship in NTTreading now
- 17 hours agoNTT quake damages 2 campuses, evacuates 61 KKN students