VeloxiaSignal, not noise.
← Back
Business🇺🇸2 sources· 4 hours ago

Paramount seeks $1.88 billion bond in fight over WBD merger delay

What's new: The company says a court-ordered pause could cost about $650 million a quarter starting Sept. 30.

Paramount Skydance asked a court Monday to require the state attorneys general challenging its planned merger with Warner Bros. Discovery to post a $1.88 billion bond to cover losses tied to delays. The filing comes after a dozen state AGs led by California Attorney General Rob Bonta sued in July to block the proposed $110 billion deal under the Clayton Antitrust Act. Paramount said it had already won clearance from the U.S. Justice Department and other global regulators, but agreed last month to push the closing date as late as June 2027 while the case goes to trial. Under the merger agreement, Paramount said it will owe WBD shareholders an added 25 cents a share per quarter after Sept. 30, or about $650 million each quarter.

Sources

  • The New York TimesTier 180% reliableRead4 hours ago
  • CNBCTier 180% reliableRead5 hours ago

Subjects