KPK denies sting in Kabupaten Bogor, confirms questioning
KPK said the questioning stems from a public report, even as reports circulated that six people and Rp1,5 miliar were seized.
KPK denied reports of a sting operation in Kabupaten Bogor, Jawa Barat, on Thursday (20/8). KPK spokesman Budi Prasetyo said no arrest-in-the-act incident took place in the area. However, the anti-graft agency acknowledged that its team was seeking statements from several people to follow up on a public report. At the same time, CNN Indonesia cited an internal KPK source as saying six people, including a department head, were taken in and about Rp1,5 miliar was secured. The same source also pointed to alleged receipt of money from regional government contractors. So far, KPK leaders Setyo Budiyanto and Fitroh Rohcahyanto have not provided further confirmation, while Bogor Regent Rudy Susmanto has not responded to media requests for comment.