VeloxiaSignal, not noise.
← Back
Politics🇮🇩4 sources· 7 hours ago

4 companies in Kalbar under probe over forest fires, permits at risk

President also ordered more water-bombing helicopters, pumps, staff, and fire trucks for field response.

Four corporations in Kalimantan Barat are under investigation over alleged violations that triggered forest and land fires. State Secretary Prasetyo Hadi said the government is waiting for the findings to determine legal steps, including the possible revocation of permits for companies proven to have violated the law. He made the remarks after a wildfire response meeting with President Prabowo Subianto on Saturday during an inspection in Kubu Raya, Kalimantan Barat. At the meeting, Prabowo ordered law enforcement against arsonists, both corporations and individuals. The government also added equipment and personnel, including helicopters for water bombing, water pumps, bore wells, tank trucks and fire trucks. On alleged corporate violations in Kalimantan Tengah, Prasetyo said the report had not yet been discussed in the meeting.

Sources

  • Antara NewsTier 182% reliableRead9 hours ago
  • RepublikaTier 175% reliableRead8 hours ago
  • CNN IndonesiaTier 180% reliableRead8 hours ago
  • TribunnewsTier 265% reliableRead7 hours ago

Earlier in this story

  1. 7 hours ago4 companies in Kalbar under probe over forest fires, permits at riskreading now
  2. 8 hours agoKalimantan Selatan wildfire smoke disrupts 12 flights, delays schools
  3. 9 hours agoHaze from Kalimantan fires closes 591 schools in Sarawak
  4. 14 hours agoWildfires force 3,524 schools in Kalimantan to shift online
  5. 18 hours agoForest-fire haze halts all flights at Singkawang Airport
  6. 32 hours agoHaze in Palangka Raya pushes school start to 08.00
  7. 33 hours agoGovernment sends 5 TNI AU aircraft to Kalimantan for fires

Series

Indonesia · Kalimantan Wildfire Smoke CrisisSee every chapter in this series

Subjects