Iran Rejects Ceasefire, Demands US End War Completely
Tehran also wants the naval blockade lifted, frozen assets freed and nuclear talks resumed.
Iran has rejected a return to a ceasefire framework and is demanding that the United States end the war completely. Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi conveyed that position to mediators amid a stalled peace arrangement with Washington. Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian on Wednesday (19/8) also said negotiations with the US do not mean surrender. He said Tehran's goal is to stop the war, lift the anti-Iran naval blockade, free frozen state assets, and then resume nuclear talks. Tensions rose after a memorandum of understanding signed on 18 June 2026 expired on 17 August. Hours later, US President Donald Trump launched an
Sources
Earlier in this story
- 3 hours agoTrump threatens penalties on countries that keep trade flowing to Iran
- 6 hours agoTrump threatens total economic isolation of Iran and its backers
- 7 hours agoOil jumps 3% as Trump threatens sweeping new economic war on Iran
- 9 hours agoIran Rejects Ceasefire, Demands US End War Completelyreading now